TN directive to DCs on safe return of stranded Tamils in Libya
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Sunday
directed district collectors to ensure that those from the
state, stranded in trouble-torn Libya, reach their respective
towns safely on arrival to India.
The Centre has taken steps to bring back stranded Indians
in Libya. Among them, those belonging to Tamil Nadu will reach
Chennai, Coimbatore and Madurai by a special aircraft.
District Collectors should take all steps to ensuring that
they reach their respective destinations safely, an official
press release here said.
The government will bear the costs for sending them to
their respective towns, it said.
Libya is currently witnessing violent anti-government
protests which has claimed several lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj