TN directive to DCs on safe return of stranded Tamils in Libya
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Sunday
directed district collectors to ensure that those from the
state, stranded in trouble-torn Libya, reach their respective
towns safely on arrival to India.
The Centre has taken steps to bring back stranded Indians
in Libya. Among them, those belonging to Tamil Nadu will reach
Chennai, Coimbatore and Madurai by a special aircraft.
District Collectors should take all steps to ensuring that
they reach their respective destinations safely, an official
press release here said.
The government will bear the costs for sending them to
their respective towns, it said.
Libya is currently witnessing violent anti-government
protests which has claimed several lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!