TN engg colleges to be affiliated with Anna Univ
Chennai: Enabling students to follow one syllabus across the state, Tamil Nadu government on Sunday said 535 engineering colleges would be affiliated with the Anna University here.
"This initiative would enable students to take up higher studies at the global level, a government release said.
"The 535 engineering colleges located in Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Chennai, Tiruchirapalli and Madurai will be converted into Anna University affiliated colleges", the release said.
For administration purposes, the release said, zonal offices would be set up in Tiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli and Madurai respectively.
In future all the examinations would be conducted by Anna University`s 17 regional offices located across the state.
Since all engineering colleges are being brought under one Board, students would be able to follow one mode of syllabus providing them an opportunity to take up higher studies at the global level, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Ready to clutch a beer' says UK's first double hand transplant patient!- Watch
- Can you beat that! Digvijay Singh in Below Poverty Line list
- Donald Trump's speech at Cleveland offered fear, anger but no solutions: Hillary Clinton
- Significance of celebrating Sankashti Chaturthi!
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips