TN engg colleges to be affiliated with Anna Univ
Chennai: Enabling students to follow one syllabus across the state, Tamil Nadu government on Sunday said 535 engineering colleges would be affiliated with the Anna University here.
"This initiative would enable students to take up higher studies at the global level, a government release said.
"The 535 engineering colleges located in Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Chennai, Tiruchirapalli and Madurai will be converted into Anna University affiliated colleges", the release said.
For administration purposes, the release said, zonal offices would be set up in Tiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli and Madurai respectively.
In future all the examinations would be conducted by Anna University`s 17 regional offices located across the state.
Since all engineering colleges are being brought under one Board, students would be able to follow one mode of syllabus providing them an opportunity to take up higher studies at the global level, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'