TN engg colleges to be affiliated with Anna Univ
Chennai: Enabling students to follow one syllabus across the state, Tamil Nadu government on Sunday said 535 engineering colleges would be affiliated with the Anna University here.
"This initiative would enable students to take up higher studies at the global level, a government release said.
"The 535 engineering colleges located in Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Chennai, Tiruchirapalli and Madurai will be converted into Anna University affiliated colleges", the release said.
For administration purposes, the release said, zonal offices would be set up in Tiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli and Madurai respectively.
In future all the examinations would be conducted by Anna University`s 17 regional offices located across the state.
Since all engineering colleges are being brought under one Board, students would be able to follow one mode of syllabus providing them an opportunity to take up higher studies at the global level, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman