TN engg colleges to be affiliated with Anna Univ
Chennai: Enabling students to follow one syllabus across the state, Tamil Nadu government on Sunday said 535 engineering colleges would be affiliated with the Anna University here.
"This initiative would enable students to take up higher studies at the global level, a government release said.
"The 535 engineering colleges located in Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Chennai, Tiruchirapalli and Madurai will be converted into Anna University affiliated colleges", the release said.
For administration purposes, the release said, zonal offices would be set up in Tiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli and Madurai respectively.
In future all the examinations would be conducted by Anna University`s 17 regional offices located across the state.
Since all engineering colleges are being brought under one Board, students would be able to follow one mode of syllabus providing them an opportunity to take up higher studies at the global level, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire