TN: Ex-DMK MLA arrested for rape-murder of 15-year
Perambalur: A former DMK MLA and two of his associates were on Friday arrested for allegedly raping and murdering a 15-year old girl from Kerala who worked as a servant in his house, police said.
Rajkumar, who had represented Perambalur constituency in the assembly, his driver Mahendran and another person were arrested under IPC sections 376 (rape) 367(a) (kidnap) and 302 (murder) on a complaint from the father of the girl, who died at a hospital in Theni on July 6.
Additional superintendent of Police Feroz Khan said besides the three arrested, three others, including a DMK worker, were absconding and a search was on for them.
The girl, hailing from Peermedu in Idduki district of Kerala bordering Theni, was employed in the house of the former MLA as a domestic help since June 23.
But on June 28, she had called her father and pleaded with him to take her back. The very next day the girl`s father was informed that she was not well and had been admitted to a private hospital here. Perambalur police had registered a case of attempted suicide.
The girl`s family later shifted her to Theni Government Hospital where she died without responding to treatment.
During the funeral, the girl`s relatives had noticed some injuries on her body and reported the matter to Peermdu CPM MLA Bijumol. Kottayam Government Hospital doctors conducted a post mortem which found the girl had been sexually abused.
The father of the girl filed a complaint with Peermedu police seeking action against the former MLA and Kerala police registered a case and forwarded it to Perambalur Police, who arrested the trio, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees