TN: Ex-minister`s PA held in land grabbing case
Coimbatore: In the continuing crackdown by AIADMK government on land grabbing, a Personal Assistant of former DMK minister Pongalur N Palanisamy and a DMK general council member were among four arrested Friday on charges of land grabbing at Chettipalayam area on the city outskirts.
The arrests were made after person named Gunasekaran
complained that PA Nagaraj, DMK General Council member
Pasupati and two others had grabbed one and half acres of land
belonging to him in Perur Chettipalayam, worth over Rs one
crore by forging documents, police said.
Based on the complaint, Nagaraj, Pasupati, Meenkadai Siva, recently released on bail facing another land grabbing case and real estate broker, Venugopal were arrested, they said.
All of them were produced before the judicial magistrate,
Satyamurthy, who remanded them to 15 days judicial custody.
Several DMK leaders, including former Tamil Nadu Ministers N K K P Raja and Veerapandi Arumugam have been arrested on land grabbing charges.
The state government had formed a special cell to
exclusively deal with land grabbing cases.
Party President M Karunanidhi has termed the arrests as
`vendetta politics` but Chief Minister Jayalalithaa denied it,
saying the special police cells were acting on "genuine"
complaints by "affected" persons with no political link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada