TN: Ex-minister`s PA held in land grabbing case
Coimbatore: In the continuing crackdown by AIADMK government on land grabbing, a Personal Assistant of former DMK minister Pongalur N Palanisamy and a DMK general council member were among four arrested Friday on charges of land grabbing at Chettipalayam area on the city outskirts.
The arrests were made after person named Gunasekaran
complained that PA Nagaraj, DMK General Council member
Pasupati and two others had grabbed one and half acres of land
belonging to him in Perur Chettipalayam, worth over Rs one
crore by forging documents, police said.
Based on the complaint, Nagaraj, Pasupati, Meenkadai Siva, recently released on bail facing another land grabbing case and real estate broker, Venugopal were arrested, they said.
All of them were produced before the judicial magistrate,
Satyamurthy, who remanded them to 15 days judicial custody.
Several DMK leaders, including former Tamil Nadu Ministers N K K P Raja and Veerapandi Arumugam have been arrested on land grabbing charges.
The state government had formed a special cell to
exclusively deal with land grabbing cases.
Party President M Karunanidhi has termed the arrests as
`vendetta politics` but Chief Minister Jayalalithaa denied it,
saying the special police cells were acting on "genuine"
complaints by "affected" persons with no political link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM