TN Express fire: Is the govt not working? BJP to PM
New Delhi: Expressing shock at the fire incident in Tamil Nadu Express that claimed 32 lives, BJP asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "is the government not working?"
"In Tamil Nadu, the kind of rail accident which has happened is really serious. We would like to ask directly from the Prime Minister what is wrong...Is the government not working?" BJP Spokesperson Ravi Shankar prasad said.
Prasad also questioned Singh if the funds for infrastructure had stopped and accused the UPA government of not initiating any steps in this regard. He claimed funds for infrastructure sector had not been coming since 2004.
A fire broke out in a sleeper class coach of Chennai-bound Tamil Nadu Express early today morning near Nellore, killing 32 passengers and injuring 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming