TN files defamation suit against Karunanidhi
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday filed a defamation suit in a local court here against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, publisher, printer and editor of the party`s mouthpiece `Murasoli,` for having published an article allegedly defaming state finance minister O Panneerselvam.
In his complaint in the Principal Sessions Court, the City Public Prosecutor said the daily published its ‘Kalaignar Pathilgal’ on August 23 in which Karunanidhi, answering a question on an article in a Tamil magazine on Ministers` performance, said some of the Ministers in the Cabinet were in the hands of their relatives.
The complainant said "such a statement is libellous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import
- India seeks Iraq help in release of abducted Indians