TN files defamation suit against Karunanidhi
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday filed a defamation suit in a local court here against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, publisher, printer and editor of the party`s mouthpiece `Murasoli,` for having published an article allegedly defaming state finance minister O Panneerselvam.
In his complaint in the Principal Sessions Court, the City Public Prosecutor said the daily published its ‘Kalaignar Pathilgal’ on August 23 in which Karunanidhi, answering a question on an article in a Tamil magazine on Ministers` performance, said some of the Ministers in the Cabinet were in the hands of their relatives.
The complainant said "such a statement is libellous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi