TN files defamation suit against Karunanidhi
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday filed a defamation suit in a local court here against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, publisher, printer and editor of the party`s mouthpiece `Murasoli,` for having published an article allegedly defaming state finance minister O Panneerselvam.
In his complaint in the Principal Sessions Court, the City Public Prosecutor said the daily published its ‘Kalaignar Pathilgal’ on August 23 in which Karunanidhi, answering a question on an article in a Tamil magazine on Ministers` performance, said some of the Ministers in the Cabinet were in the hands of their relatives.
The complainant said "such a statement is libellous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up