TN files defamation suit against Karunanidhi
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday filed a defamation suit in a local court here against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, publisher, printer and editor of the party`s mouthpiece `Murasoli,` for having published an article allegedly defaming state finance minister O Panneerselvam.
In his complaint in the Principal Sessions Court, the City Public Prosecutor said the daily published its ‘Kalaignar Pathilgal’ on August 23 in which Karunanidhi, answering a question on an article in a Tamil magazine on Ministers` performance, said some of the Ministers in the Cabinet were in the hands of their relatives.
The complainant said "such a statement is libellous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi