TN files defamation suit against Karunanidhi
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday filed a defamation suit in a local court here against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, publisher, printer and editor of the party`s mouthpiece `Murasoli,` for having published an article allegedly defaming state finance minister O Panneerselvam.
In his complaint in the Principal Sessions Court, the City Public Prosecutor said the daily published its ‘Kalaignar Pathilgal’ on August 23 in which Karunanidhi, answering a question on an article in a Tamil magazine on Ministers` performance, said some of the Ministers in the Cabinet were in the hands of their relatives.
The complainant said "such a statement is libellous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what