TN fishermen held for smuggling ganja to SL
Rameswaram: Six fishermen, including four from Tamil Nadu, were arrested on Sunday by the Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly smuggling ganja and pan masala to the island nation, police said here.
The four fishermen from Susaipappapatinnam near here had taken the contraband in a country boat and were offloading it along with two Lankan nationals at Kallupatti, a coastal village in Sri Lanka, when they were arrested early Sunday morning.
The arrested had been remanded to judicial custody by a court and lodged in Neer Kozhumbu jail, officials said quoting information received by them from Sri Lankan authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack