TN fishermen held for smuggling ganja to SL
Rameswaram: Six fishermen, including four from Tamil Nadu, were arrested on Sunday by the Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly smuggling ganja and pan masala to the island nation, police said here.
The four fishermen from Susaipappapatinnam near here had taken the contraband in a country boat and were offloading it along with two Lankan nationals at Kallupatti, a coastal village in Sri Lanka, when they were arrested early Sunday morning.
The arrested had been remanded to judicial custody by a court and lodged in Neer Kozhumbu jail, officials said quoting information received by them from Sri Lankan authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray