TN fishermen held for smuggling ganja to SL
Rameswaram: Six fishermen, including four from Tamil Nadu, were arrested on Sunday by the Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly smuggling ganja and pan masala to the island nation, police said here.
The four fishermen from Susaipappapatinnam near here had taken the contraband in a country boat and were offloading it along with two Lankan nationals at Kallupatti, a coastal village in Sri Lanka, when they were arrested early Sunday morning.
The arrested had been remanded to judicial custody by a court and lodged in Neer Kozhumbu jail, officials said quoting information received by them from Sri Lankan authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan