TN fishermen held for smuggling ganja to SL
Rameswaram: Six fishermen, including four from Tamil Nadu, were arrested on Sunday by the Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly smuggling ganja and pan masala to the island nation, police said here.
The four fishermen from Susaipappapatinnam near here had taken the contraband in a country boat and were offloading it along with two Lankan nationals at Kallupatti, a coastal village in Sri Lanka, when they were arrested early Sunday morning.
The arrested had been remanded to judicial custody by a court and lodged in Neer Kozhumbu jail, officials said quoting information received by them from Sri Lankan authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living