TN fishermen injured in attack by Sri Lankan Navy personnel
Rameswaram: Eight Tamil Nadu fishermen were injured on Sunday when they were attacked allegedly by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Talaimannar, near the island nation, police said.
The Naval personnel opened fire in the air before attacking the fishermen. They also snapped fishing nets in five boats, police said.
All the fishermen returned to Rameswaram after the incident and of them was admitted to a private hospital in Ramanathapuram with minor injuries, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country