TN fishermen injured in attack by Sri Lankan Navy personnel
Rameswaram: Eight Tamil Nadu fishermen were injured on Sunday when they were attacked allegedly by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Talaimannar, near the island nation, police said.
The Naval personnel opened fire in the air before attacking the fishermen. They also snapped fishing nets in five boats, police said.
All the fishermen returned to Rameswaram after the incident and of them was admitted to a private hospital in Ramanathapuram with minor injuries, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age
- Curfew, restrictions imposed to prevent protests in Kashmir
- Reality check: How will India fare at 2016 Rio Olympics?
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby