TN fishermen injured in attack by Sri Lankan Navy personnel
Rameswaram: Eight Tamil Nadu fishermen were injured on Sunday when they were attacked allegedly by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Talaimannar, near the island nation, police said.
The Naval personnel opened fire in the air before attacking the fishermen. They also snapped fishing nets in five boats, police said.
All the fishermen returned to Rameswaram after the incident and of them was admitted to a private hospital in Ramanathapuram with minor injuries, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000