TN fishermen injured in attack by Sri Lankan Navy personnel
Rameswaram: Eight Tamil Nadu fishermen were injured on Sunday when they were attacked allegedly by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Talaimannar, near the island nation, police said.
The Naval personnel opened fire in the air before attacking the fishermen. They also snapped fishing nets in five boats, police said.
All the fishermen returned to Rameswaram after the incident and of them was admitted to a private hospital in Ramanathapuram with minor injuries, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny