TN fishermen injured in attack by Sri Lankan Navy personnel
Rameswaram: Eight Tamil Nadu fishermen were injured on Sunday when they were attacked allegedly by Sri Lankan Navy personnel while fishing near Talaimannar, near the island nation, police said.
The Naval personnel opened fire in the air before attacking the fishermen. They also snapped fishing nets in five boats, police said.
All the fishermen returned to Rameswaram after the incident and of them was admitted to a private hospital in Ramanathapuram with minor injuries, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH