TN fishing boat damaged in attack
Rameswaram (TN): A fishing boat was damaged
after Sri Lankan fishermen allegedly hurled a petrol bomb at
it near Katchatheevu in the Palk straits when their
counterparts from Tamil Nadu were fishing, police said on Tuesday.
The boat`s stern caught fire which was put out
immediately, police said, adding the attack took place last
Fishermen alleged that earlier Sri Lankan Naval men in
the vicinity had asked them not to venture into Lankan
About 600 fishing boats from here were fishing in the
area and most returned with small catch, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know