TN fishing boat damaged in attack
Rameswaram (TN): A fishing boat was damaged
after Sri Lankan fishermen allegedly hurled a petrol bomb at
it near Katchatheevu in the Palk straits when their
counterparts from Tamil Nadu were fishing, police said on Tuesday.
The boat`s stern caught fire which was put out
immediately, police said, adding the attack took place last
Fishermen alleged that earlier Sri Lankan Naval men in
the vicinity had asked them not to venture into Lankan
About 600 fishing boats from here were fishing in the
area and most returned with small catch, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why