TN: Five injured as mob hurls petrol bomb at bus
Ramanathapuram (TN): In a fresh incident of
violence in the district, five pilgrims sustained minor
injuries on Tuesday when a mob hurled a petrol bomb at their bus in
Police said 50 people from Poosaripatti in
Tiruchirappalli were returning after visiting Kanyakumari,
Tiruchendur and Rameswaram when the bus was attacked.
The injured were given treatment and discharged. The bus
was also damaged in the attack.
No FIR has been filed though a massive manhunt had been
launched to nab the miscreants, they said.
Cases were registered against 51 people today for
allegedly poisoning a drinking water well at Pacheri where a
Dalit boy was murdered on September nine for reportedly having
an illicit relationship with a local girl.
A lab analysis of the water proved the well had been
poisoned, they said.
Meanwhile, an 18-year-old boy was charred to death as
fire engulfed a shop at Ervadi last night. Police said it
could be an accident as the shop owner was selling petrol.
On Sunday, seven persons were killed in Paramakudi when
police fired on rampaging crowds -- mostly Dalits -- which set
ablaze vehicles and blocked traffic following the arrest of
their leader John Pandian at Vallanadu in Tuticorin district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma