TN: Five injured as mob hurls petrol bomb at bus
Ramanathapuram (TN): In a fresh incident of
violence in the district, five pilgrims sustained minor
injuries on Tuesday when a mob hurled a petrol bomb at their bus in
Police said 50 people from Poosaripatti in
Tiruchirappalli were returning after visiting Kanyakumari,
Tiruchendur and Rameswaram when the bus was attacked.
The injured were given treatment and discharged. The bus
was also damaged in the attack.
No FIR has been filed though a massive manhunt had been
launched to nab the miscreants, they said.
Cases were registered against 51 people today for
allegedly poisoning a drinking water well at Pacheri where a
Dalit boy was murdered on September nine for reportedly having
an illicit relationship with a local girl.
A lab analysis of the water proved the well had been
poisoned, they said.
Meanwhile, an 18-year-old boy was charred to death as
fire engulfed a shop at Ervadi last night. Police said it
could be an accident as the shop owner was selling petrol.
On Sunday, seven persons were killed in Paramakudi when
police fired on rampaging crowds -- mostly Dalits -- which set
ablaze vehicles and blocked traffic following the arrest of
their leader John Pandian at Vallanadu in Tuticorin district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown