TN: Five injured as mob hurls petrol bomb at bus
Ramanathapuram (TN): In a fresh incident of
violence in the district, five pilgrims sustained minor
injuries on Tuesday when a mob hurled a petrol bomb at their bus in
Police said 50 people from Poosaripatti in
Tiruchirappalli were returning after visiting Kanyakumari,
Tiruchendur and Rameswaram when the bus was attacked.
The injured were given treatment and discharged. The bus
was also damaged in the attack.
No FIR has been filed though a massive manhunt had been
launched to nab the miscreants, they said.
Cases were registered against 51 people today for
allegedly poisoning a drinking water well at Pacheri where a
Dalit boy was murdered on September nine for reportedly having
an illicit relationship with a local girl.
A lab analysis of the water proved the well had been
poisoned, they said.
Meanwhile, an 18-year-old boy was charred to death as
fire engulfed a shop at Ervadi last night. Police said it
could be an accident as the shop owner was selling petrol.
On Sunday, seven persons were killed in Paramakudi when
police fired on rampaging crowds -- mostly Dalits -- which set
ablaze vehicles and blocked traffic following the arrest of
their leader John Pandian at Vallanadu in Tuticorin district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog