TN: Girl commits suicide unable to bear separation from lesbian partner
Madurai: Unable to bear the forcible separation from her lesbian partner, a 20-year-old girl on Saturday committed suicide by hanging at her home here.
According to police Radha (20) in her death note had stated "I suffered insult in the society. I could not forget my friend. Hence I am leaving this world".
Radha and Rani (both names changed) who were friends from childhood had developed lesbian relationship and had fled home on November four after their parents disapproved their relation.
In the wake of Radha`s disappearance, her parents not only lodged a missing complaint with police, but also moved Habeas Corpus petition before the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court.
The police who traced Radha at Dindigul along with Rani, brought her to city and handed over to her parents recently.
Radha was depressed after she was reprimanded by police and also by her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!