TN Governor, CM extend Onam greetings
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and DMK President Karunanidhi on Sunday greeted Malayalees on the eve of Onam festival.
In his message, Rosaiah said the joyous occasion symbolised oneness, and the linguistic and cultural harmony.
“Further (it) strengthens the bonds of unity and brings peace, progress and prosperity to all. I extend my heartiest greetings and best wishes to all the Malayaless living in Tamil Nadu and other parts of the country,” he said.
Jayalalithaa noted that the Onam festival was celebrated with the lofty ideal of living in harmony with a sense of egalitarianism and brotherhood sans religious and caste differences.
"I convey my heartiest greetings to Malayalam speaking people," she said.
In his message, Karunanidhi said, “On behalf of the DMK, which has always desired cordial relations with the people of neighbouring States in a spirit of Dravidian linguistic families, I convey my heartiest greetings.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof