TN Governor, CM extend Onam greetings
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and DMK President Karunanidhi on Sunday greeted Malayalees on the eve of Onam festival.
In his message, Rosaiah said the joyous occasion symbolised oneness, and the linguistic and cultural harmony.
“Further (it) strengthens the bonds of unity and brings peace, progress and prosperity to all. I extend my heartiest greetings and best wishes to all the Malayaless living in Tamil Nadu and other parts of the country,” he said.
Jayalalithaa noted that the Onam festival was celebrated with the lofty ideal of living in harmony with a sense of egalitarianism and brotherhood sans religious and caste differences.
"I convey my heartiest greetings to Malayalam speaking people," she said.
In his message, Karunanidhi said, “On behalf of the DMK, which has always desired cordial relations with the people of neighbouring States in a spirit of Dravidian linguistic families, I convey my heartiest greetings.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'