TN Governor, CM greet Muslims
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and various political party leaders greeted Muslims living in the state, on the eve of Ramzan.
In his message, Rosaiah said, "Let us resolve to follow the principles laid down in the Quran and lead a true and moral life. May the festival of breaking the fast rekindle in us the spirit of sharing and giving and promote love, compassion, mutual affinity and harmony".
On this special occasion, let brotherhood prevail among Muslims, Jayalalithaa said in a statement.
DMK President M Karunanidhi in a statement appealed to Muslims to help the poor and follow the principles laid down by Prophet Mohammad.
Tamil Nadu Congress Committee President B S Gnanadesikan, DMDK founder-president Vijayakant, MDMK chief Vaiko also extended their greetings to Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what