TN Governor, CM greet people on Eid
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, among others, Monday greeted people on the occasion of Ramzan, being celebrated Tuesday.
"May Id-ul-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast, develop self-control, promote inter-religious harmony, tolerance, universal brotherhood and usher in peace, progress and prosperity," he said in a Raj Bhavan statement.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa recalled her government`s welfare measures for Muslims, including provision of 4500 tonnes of rice to over 3000 mosques in the state to prepare gruel.
She urged one and all to live by the words of Prophet Mohammed such as compassion, brotherhood and charity.
DMK president M Karunanidhi said Prophet Mohammed`s preachings related to honesty and other good aspects one had to imbibe.
DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, PMK founder S Ramadoss, TNCC president BS Gnanadesikan and MDMK leader Vaiko also extended their Ramzan greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days