TN Governor, CM greet people on Eid
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, among others, Monday greeted people on the occasion of Ramzan, being celebrated Tuesday.
"May Id-ul-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast, develop self-control, promote inter-religious harmony, tolerance, universal brotherhood and usher in peace, progress and prosperity," he said in a Raj Bhavan statement.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa recalled her government`s welfare measures for Muslims, including provision of 4500 tonnes of rice to over 3000 mosques in the state to prepare gruel.
She urged one and all to live by the words of Prophet Mohammed such as compassion, brotherhood and charity.
DMK president M Karunanidhi said Prophet Mohammed`s preachings related to honesty and other good aspects one had to imbibe.
DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, PMK founder S Ramadoss, TNCC president BS Gnanadesikan and MDMK leader Vaiko also extended their Ramzan greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you