TN Governor, CM greet people on Eid
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, among others, Monday greeted people on the occasion of Ramzan, being celebrated Tuesday.
"May Id-ul-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast, develop self-control, promote inter-religious harmony, tolerance, universal brotherhood and usher in peace, progress and prosperity," he said in a Raj Bhavan statement.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa recalled her government`s welfare measures for Muslims, including provision of 4500 tonnes of rice to over 3000 mosques in the state to prepare gruel.
She urged one and all to live by the words of Prophet Mohammed such as compassion, brotherhood and charity.
DMK president M Karunanidhi said Prophet Mohammed`s preachings related to honesty and other good aspects one had to imbibe.
DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, PMK founder S Ramadoss, TNCC president BS Gnanadesikan and MDMK leader Vaiko also extended their Ramzan greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America