TN Governor, CM greet people on Eid
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, among others, Monday greeted people on the occasion of Ramzan, being celebrated Tuesday.
"May Id-ul-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast, develop self-control, promote inter-religious harmony, tolerance, universal brotherhood and usher in peace, progress and prosperity," he said in a Raj Bhavan statement.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa recalled her government`s welfare measures for Muslims, including provision of 4500 tonnes of rice to over 3000 mosques in the state to prepare gruel.
She urged one and all to live by the words of Prophet Mohammed such as compassion, brotherhood and charity.
DMK president M Karunanidhi said Prophet Mohammed`s preachings related to honesty and other good aspects one had to imbibe.
DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, PMK founder S Ramadoss, TNCC president BS Gnanadesikan and MDMK leader Vaiko also extended their Ramzan greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah