‘TN Governor speech neglected key issues’
Chennai: Opposition parties on Monday said the Governor`s address to the Tamil Nadu Assembly did not contain announcements on key issues such as power crisis and law and order.
DMDK chief and Leader of the Opposition Vijayakanth said while people were suffering from issues like bus fare hike and increase in milk prices, the Governor`s address did not contain any `remedy`.
There were no "far-sighted" announcements for the cyclone Thane battered Cuddalore district, where people were taking to the streets protesting `improper` distribution of relief, he said in a statement.
"No solution seems to be in sight for issues such as the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Mullaperiyar Dam row and Katchatheevu though successive governments keep asserting that they would press the Centre, which has an ignorant attitude," he said.
The state unit of the CPI (M) welcomed the proposal to construct one lakh houses in Cuddalore but said there were no new announcements and the address was "more of a compilation of schemes that are underway."
Citing instances of law and order problems, party`s state unit secretary G Ramakrishnan said there were no proposal to handle the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan