TN Govt announces cash relief to family of deceased CRPF jawan
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Thursday announced a cash relief of Rs five lakh to the family of a CRPF jawan, who was killed in a suicide attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa condoled the death of Perumal, who hails from Thummanayakkanpatti in Madurai district.
In a statement here, she expressed grief over the yesterday`s incident and sympathised with the family members of the martyred soldier.
"I have directed that all government assistance be rendered in bringing back the body of Perumal," the Chief Minister said, adding, she had deputed Sellur K Raju, Minister for Cooperation, to console the family in person.
She also instructed the Madurai District Collector to pay last respects to the deceased.
Five CRPF jawans were killed after militants carried out a suicide attack on their post in the valley yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!