TN Govt announces solatium to kin of deceased in boat tragedy
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi Monday announced a cash relief of Rs one lakh each to the kin of 15 people who were killed in a boat tragedy in
The amount was sanctioned from the Chief Minister`s
General Relief Fund, an official release here said.
Karunanidhi also expressed his condolences, it said.
Fifteen people drowned after their boat capsized in
the sea near Vazhai Theevu island in Gulf of Mannar off
Periyapattinam coast yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town