TN govt announces subsidy for cereal manure
Chennai: Eyeing to increase pulse productivity
in the state, Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday announced a 50 per
cent subsidy to farmers using fertiliser developed by Tamil
Nadu Agricultural University.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has developed a pulse
fertiliser, Payaru Adhisayam`, with nutrients and iron and
boron micronutrients, which increases the productivity of the
plant from 10 to 20 per cent, when it is sprayed, an official
In the first phase, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has ordered
that the fertiliser be sprayed in 50,000 hectares in 1,695
villages. The state government has allocated Rs 212.50
crore for providing 50 per cent subsidy for farmers to buy the
The new fertiliser will help prevent deflowering in crops
and provide nutrients during the fruit bearing season, it said.
Tamil Nadu produces a mere two lakh tonne of pulses even
after cultivating the crop over six lakh hectares, it said,
adding, absence of nutrients was the reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says