TN govt announces subsidy for cereal manure
Chennai: Eyeing to increase pulse productivity
in the state, Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday announced a 50 per
cent subsidy to farmers using fertiliser developed by Tamil
Nadu Agricultural University.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has developed a pulse
fertiliser, Payaru Adhisayam`, with nutrients and iron and
boron micronutrients, which increases the productivity of the
plant from 10 to 20 per cent, when it is sprayed, an official
In the first phase, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has ordered
that the fertiliser be sprayed in 50,000 hectares in 1,695
villages. The state government has allocated Rs 212.50
crore for providing 50 per cent subsidy for farmers to buy the
The new fertiliser will help prevent deflowering in crops
and provide nutrients during the fruit bearing season, it said.
Tamil Nadu produces a mere two lakh tonne of pulses even
after cultivating the crop over six lakh hectares, it said,
adding, absence of nutrients was the reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II