TN govt announces subsidy for cereal manure
Chennai: Eyeing to increase pulse productivity
in the state, Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday announced a 50 per
cent subsidy to farmers using fertiliser developed by Tamil
Nadu Agricultural University.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has developed a pulse
fertiliser, Payaru Adhisayam`, with nutrients and iron and
boron micronutrients, which increases the productivity of the
plant from 10 to 20 per cent, when it is sprayed, an official
In the first phase, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has ordered
that the fertiliser be sprayed in 50,000 hectares in 1,695
villages. The state government has allocated Rs 212.50
crore for providing 50 per cent subsidy for farmers to buy the
The new fertiliser will help prevent deflowering in crops
and provide nutrients during the fruit bearing season, it said.
Tamil Nadu produces a mere two lakh tonne of pulses even
after cultivating the crop over six lakh hectares, it said,
adding, absence of nutrients was the reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan