TN govt files defamation case against Karunanidhi
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government has filed a defamation case in a local court against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and officials of DMK mouthpiece `Murasoli` and a vernacular bi-monthly for allegedly publishing defamatory articles.
The City Public Prosecutor, in his prayer before the Principal Sessions Judge, also sought prosecution of Editor of `Murasoli` S Selvam for publishing Karunanidhi`s comments on its August 23 issue alleged family interference in clearing files by ministers.
He also sought action against the printer, publisher and reporter of `Ananda Vikatan` for publishing an article dated August 22, 2012.
He submitted that Karunanidhi had made the remarks against ministers Gokula Indira which were published in the August 23 edition of Murasoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden