TN govt files defamation case against Karunanidhi
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government has filed a defamation case in a local court against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and officials of DMK mouthpiece `Murasoli` and a vernacular bi-monthly for allegedly publishing defamatory articles.
The City Public Prosecutor, in his prayer before the Principal Sessions Judge, also sought prosecution of Editor of `Murasoli` S Selvam for publishing Karunanidhi`s comments on its August 23 issue alleged family interference in clearing files by ministers.
He also sought action against the printer, publisher and reporter of `Ananda Vikatan` for publishing an article dated August 22, 2012.
He submitted that Karunanidhi had made the remarks against ministers Gokula Indira which were published in the August 23 edition of Murasoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price