TN govt files defamation case against Karunanidhi
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government has filed a defamation case in a local court against DMK chief M Karunanidhi and officials of DMK mouthpiece `Murasoli` and a vernacular bi-monthly for allegedly publishing defamatory articles.
The City Public Prosecutor, in his prayer before the Principal Sessions Judge, also sought prosecution of Editor of `Murasoli` S Selvam for publishing Karunanidhi`s comments on its August 23 issue alleged family interference in clearing files by ministers.
He also sought action against the printer, publisher and reporter of `Ananda Vikatan` for publishing an article dated August 22, 2012.
He submitted that Karunanidhi had made the remarks against ministers Gokula Indira which were published in the August 23 edition of Murasoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened