TN govt taking steps to eradicate begging: Minister
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government today said it was taking sincere efforts to eradicate begging in the state.
Replying to a question from DMDK member Arun Subramaniam, Social Welfare Minister B Valarmathi said the government has been discouraging the beggars from begging.
She also said 69 persons rescued from begging were being kept at a rehabilitation centre at Melpakkam in Tiruvallur district.
They were being provided food, clothes and trained in life skills, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray