TN govt taking steps to eradicate begging: Minister
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government today said it was taking sincere efforts to eradicate begging in the state.
Replying to a question from DMDK member Arun Subramaniam, Social Welfare Minister B Valarmathi said the government has been discouraging the beggars from begging.
She also said 69 persons rescued from begging were being kept at a rehabilitation centre at Melpakkam in Tiruvallur district.
They were being provided food, clothes and trained in life skills, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog