TN govt taking steps to eradicate begging: Minister
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government today said it was taking sincere efforts to eradicate begging in the state.
Replying to a question from DMDK member Arun Subramaniam, Social Welfare Minister B Valarmathi said the government has been discouraging the beggars from begging.
She also said 69 persons rescued from begging were being kept at a rehabilitation centre at Melpakkam in Tiruvallur district.
They were being provided food, clothes and trained in life skills, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!