TN govt taking steps to eradicate begging: Minister
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government today said it was taking sincere efforts to eradicate begging in the state.
Replying to a question from DMDK member Arun Subramaniam, Social Welfare Minister B Valarmathi said the government has been discouraging the beggars from begging.
She also said 69 persons rescued from begging were being kept at a rehabilitation centre at Melpakkam in Tiruvallur district.
They were being provided food, clothes and trained in life skills, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview