`TN govt to blame for power crisis; failed to set up projects`
Coimbatore: Hitting out at the Tamil Nadu government for faulting union ministers from the state for reportedly not doing enough to ease the acute power crisis, Shipping Minister GK Vasan said the state government is to blame as it failed to set up power projects at the right time.
"There is no point in blaming Central ministers from Tamil Nadu for the severe power crisis. Government has not taken any steps to improve power generation or set up necessary projects to meet increasing needs," he said, in an indirect reference to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s remarks yesterday, blaming Congress-led UPA and previous DMK government for the problem.
He was speaking at a function organised to unveil a statue of the father of green revolution, C Subramaniam.
Vasan said Congress has not been found wanting in raising its voice against all state related issues,be it on Sri Lankan Tamils, attacks on fishermen or Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant and warned other parties not to take it lightly.
He asked party workers to explain to people the achievements of the UPA government and also the problems being faced by various sectors due to the power crisis.
Former union minister EVKS Elangovan said the benefit of FDI in Insurance and retail would be felt only after three years. "You wait and see the difference. The benefit will be reaped after three years," he said.
Former TNCC President KV Thangkabalu said the UPA government has followed the footsteps of Subramaniam by ushering in the second green revolution.
TNCC President BS Gnanadesikan and former Minister S R Balasubramanim also showered encomium on Subramaniam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi