TN govt to give cash relief to slain CRPF jawan’s family
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Thursday announced a cash relief of Rs five lakh to the family of a CRPF jawan, who was killed in a suicide attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa condoled the death of Perumal, who hails from Thummanayakkanpatti in Madurai district.
In a statement here, she expressed grief over the yesterday`s incident and sympathised with the family members of the martyred soldier.
"I have directed that all government assistance be rendered in bringing back the body of Perumal," the Chief Minister said, adding, she had deputed Sellur K Raju, Minister for Cooperation, to console the family in person.
She also instructed the Madurai District Collector to pay last respects to the deceased.
Five CRPF jawans were killed after militants carried out a suicide attack on their post in the valley yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!