TN govt to give cash relief to slain CRPF jawan’s family
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Thursday announced a cash relief of Rs five lakh to the family of a CRPF jawan, who was killed in a suicide attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa condoled the death of Perumal, who hails from Thummanayakkanpatti in Madurai district.
In a statement here, she expressed grief over the yesterday`s incident and sympathised with the family members of the martyred soldier.
"I have directed that all government assistance be rendered in bringing back the body of Perumal," the Chief Minister said, adding, she had deputed Sellur K Raju, Minister for Cooperation, to console the family in person.
She also instructed the Madurai District Collector to pay last respects to the deceased.
Five CRPF jawans were killed after militants carried out a suicide attack on their post in the valley yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter