TN Govt to set up fisheries technology institute
Chennai: An institute of fisheries technology that would offer diploma courses in various disciplines connected with fishing will be set up by the Tamil Nadu Government in neighbouring Tiruvallur district.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa had sanctioned administrative approval for the Rs 34.08 crore project at Ponneri.
The institute would offer diploma courses in various disciplines such as prawn-rearing, fish-breeding and equipment management among others, an official release here said, adding 20.78 acres of land had been earmarked for it.
Jayalalithaa, who had last year announced setting up a Fisheries University in Nagapattinam, has allocated an initial sum of Rs seven crore towards the latest initiative taken as part of her government`s efforts for the betterment of the fishing community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video