TN Govt to set up fisheries technology institute
Chennai: An institute of fisheries technology that would offer diploma courses in various disciplines connected with fishing will be set up by the Tamil Nadu Government in neighbouring Tiruvallur district.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa had sanctioned administrative approval for the Rs 34.08 crore project at Ponneri.
The institute would offer diploma courses in various disciplines such as prawn-rearing, fish-breeding and equipment management among others, an official release here said, adding 20.78 acres of land had been earmarked for it.
Jayalalithaa, who had last year announced setting up a Fisheries University in Nagapattinam, has allocated an initial sum of Rs seven crore towards the latest initiative taken as part of her government`s efforts for the betterment of the fishing community.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources