TN govt to set up music and fine arts varsity
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government on Tuesday proposed setting up of a music and fine arts university for higher training and research in all forms and genres of music and performing arts.
Higher Education Minister P Palaniappan moved the Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University Bill, 2013, proposing to set up the institution here or within 100 km of radius from the city limits.
The university will "foster and formulate programmes and their relevance and significance of music and fine arts in the modern scientific technological days," the Bill said.
"To systematise the study of Music, Fine Arts and Sculpture in the existing institutions of Tamil Nadu and to provide a common platform for Music, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Sculpture etc to scholars and scholars in related disciplines for exchange of ideas and scholarly studies, it is necessary to establish a Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University," it said explaining the objective.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire