TN govt to set up music and fine arts varsity
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government on Tuesday proposed setting up of a music and fine arts university for higher training and research in all forms and genres of music and performing arts.
Higher Education Minister P Palaniappan moved the Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University Bill, 2013, proposing to set up the institution here or within 100 km of radius from the city limits.
The university will "foster and formulate programmes and their relevance and significance of music and fine arts in the modern scientific technological days," the Bill said.
"To systematise the study of Music, Fine Arts and Sculpture in the existing institutions of Tamil Nadu and to provide a common platform for Music, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Sculpture etc to scholars and scholars in related disciplines for exchange of ideas and scholarly studies, it is necessary to establish a Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University," it said explaining the objective.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'