TN govt to set up music and fine arts varsity
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Government on Tuesday proposed setting up of a music and fine arts university for higher training and research in all forms and genres of music and performing arts.
Higher Education Minister P Palaniappan moved the Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University Bill, 2013, proposing to set up the institution here or within 100 km of radius from the city limits.
The university will "foster and formulate programmes and their relevance and significance of music and fine arts in the modern scientific technological days," the Bill said.
"To systematise the study of Music, Fine Arts and Sculpture in the existing institutions of Tamil Nadu and to provide a common platform for Music, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Sculpture etc to scholars and scholars in related disciplines for exchange of ideas and scholarly studies, it is necessary to establish a Tamil Nadu Music and Fine Arts University," it said explaining the objective.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler