TN govt to withdraw notice to Alagiri, wife, son
Madurai: Tamil Nadu government on Friday submitted to Madras High Court here that the District Collector has withdrawn the showcause notice to Union Minister MK Alagiri, his wife and son, with liberty to issue a fresh show cause notice.
The notice issued by Collector U Sagayam on September 06 said the administration was "crystal clear" about alleged violation of certain conditions in construction of a building for an engineering college run by the trust of which Alagiri is a member.
Justices P Jyothimani and MM Sundaresh recorded the Additional Advocate General`s submission and said the Collector was at liberty to issue fresh summons "in the manner known to law and the rights of the Minister and other petitioners also left open to them to face the same."
Alagiri`s counsel submitted that the Collector had prejudged the case before hearing his client as the notice said it is `crystal clear` that the trust has committed
offences under Tamil Nadu Irrigation Works Act.`
The Court had yesterday directed him to expunge the remarks in the notice and observed that due process of law had not been followed before issuing the summon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!