TN: Heavy rains lash Gudalur area
Udhagamandalam: Gudalur and surrounding areas in Nilgiris district were experiencing heavy rains since Monday resulting in landslide and falling of trees on national highways.
Traffic was paralysed for more than four hours on Ooty-Kochikode Road, as a large tree fell across the highway this morning.
The traffic was restored after removing the tree, official sources said.
The district administration had declared holiday to all educational institutions today due to the rains, official source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!