TN: Heavy rains lash Gudalur area
Udhagamandalam: Gudalur and surrounding areas in Nilgiris district were experiencing heavy rains since Monday resulting in landslide and falling of trees on national highways.
Traffic was paralysed for more than four hours on Ooty-Kochikode Road, as a large tree fell across the highway this morning.
The traffic was restored after removing the tree, official sources said.
The district administration had declared holiday to all educational institutions today due to the rains, official source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi