TN: Hoax bomb call at Ramakrishna Mutt
Madurai: A phone call claiming that a bomb was planted in the Ramakrishna Mutt here created panic for few hours but ultimately turned out to be a hoax, police said.
Police said an anonymous caller had called a private travel agent near the railway junction and had informed him that a bomb had been placed at the Mutt at Narayanapuram and it would explode shortly.
The Agent informed the police who rushed to the spot with sniffer dog. However, police did not find any explosives in the mutt premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kishwer Merchantt plays dreamy bride for boyfriend Suyyash Rai! – View pics
- Shelling and airstrikes kill 8 in Syrian city of Aleppo
- North Korea rules out nuclear talks resumption: Official
- 7th Pay Commission bonanza: Where you can invest your money wisely
- Sensex reclaims 27,000-mark, zooms over 250 points as voting begins in Britain's EU referendum