TN: Hoax bomb call at Ramakrishna Mutt
Madurai: A phone call claiming that a bomb was planted in the Ramakrishna Mutt here created panic for few hours but ultimately turned out to be a hoax, police said.
Police said an anonymous caller had called a private travel agent near the railway junction and had informed him that a bomb had been placed at the Mutt at Narayanapuram and it would explode shortly.
The Agent informed the police who rushed to the spot with sniffer dog. However, police did not find any explosives in the mutt premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says