TN minister stuck in mid-sea as boat develops technical fault
Cuddalore (Tamil Nadu): A state minister was stuck in a mechanised boat in mid-sea for about half-an-hour on Sunday after its engine developed a technical fault off this coastal town, police said.
The vessel in which Environment Minister M C Sampath had gone to mid-sea to inaugurate a boat race, was towed back by a fisherman`s boat, Sub-Inspector of Police V Balakrishnan said.
On return to shore, the minister said the engine had suddenly malfunctioned and there was no other problem.
The race, in which at least 80 boats participated, was organised by the local AIADMK unit in connection with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s 65th birthday, which fell on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre