TN minister stuck in mid-sea as boat develops technical fault
Cuddalore (Tamil Nadu): A state minister was stuck in a mechanised boat in mid-sea for about half-an-hour on Sunday after its engine developed a technical fault off this coastal town, police said.
The vessel in which Environment Minister M C Sampath had gone to mid-sea to inaugurate a boat race, was towed back by a fisherman`s boat, Sub-Inspector of Police V Balakrishnan said.
On return to shore, the minister said the engine had suddenly malfunctioned and there was no other problem.
The race, in which at least 80 boats participated, was organised by the local AIADMK unit in connection with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s 65th birthday, which fell on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?