TN minister stuck in mid-sea as boat develops technical fault
Cuddalore (Tamil Nadu): A state minister was stuck in a mechanised boat in mid-sea for about half-an-hour on Sunday after its engine developed a technical fault off this coastal town, police said.
The vessel in which Environment Minister M C Sampath had gone to mid-sea to inaugurate a boat race, was towed back by a fisherman`s boat, Sub-Inspector of Police V Balakrishnan said.
On return to shore, the minister said the engine had suddenly malfunctioned and there was no other problem.
The race, in which at least 80 boats participated, was organised by the local AIADMK unit in connection with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s 65th birthday, which fell on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...