TN minister stuck in mid-sea as boat develops technical fault
Cuddalore (Tamil Nadu): A state minister was stuck in a mechanised boat in mid-sea for about half-an-hour on Sunday after its engine developed a technical fault off this coastal town, police said.
The vessel in which Environment Minister M C Sampath had gone to mid-sea to inaugurate a boat race, was towed back by a fisherman`s boat, Sub-Inspector of Police V Balakrishnan said.
On return to shore, the minister said the engine had suddenly malfunctioned and there was no other problem.
The race, in which at least 80 boats participated, was organised by the local AIADMK unit in connection with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s 65th birthday, which fell on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price