TN Minister to coordinate with states, Centre on river disputes
Chennai: With Tamil Nadu locked in
inter-state water disputes with Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and
Karnataka, the government has entrusted Higher Education
Minister K Ponmudi to coordinate with the states and advocate
on the ongoing Mullaperiyar case in the Supreme Court.
Minister Ponmudi will coordinate with the states and the
Centre over river-water disputes besides coordinating with
senior advocates in the Mullaperiyar case, a release from the
Chief Secretary here said.
Ponmudi, who was given the responsibility on "directions
of Chief Minister M Karunanidhi," will visit places as and
when required and take continued action and contact the states
and Centre, the release said.
Tamil Nadu is locked in river-water sharing disputes with
Kerala (Mullaperiyar), Karnataka (Cauvery) and Andhra Pradesh
Karunanidhi holds the Public Works Department portfolio
after it was divested from Law Minister Durai Murugan a few
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III