TN Minister to coordinate with states, Centre on river disputes
Chennai: With Tamil Nadu locked in
inter-state water disputes with Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and
Karnataka, the government has entrusted Higher Education
Minister K Ponmudi to coordinate with the states and advocate
on the ongoing Mullaperiyar case in the Supreme Court.
Minister Ponmudi will coordinate with the states and the
Centre over river-water disputes besides coordinating with
senior advocates in the Mullaperiyar case, a release from the
Chief Secretary here said.
Ponmudi, who was given the responsibility on "directions
of Chief Minister M Karunanidhi," will visit places as and
when required and take continued action and contact the states
and Centre, the release said.
Tamil Nadu is locked in river-water sharing disputes with
Kerala (Mullaperiyar), Karnataka (Cauvery) and Andhra Pradesh
Karunanidhi holds the Public Works Department portfolio
after it was divested from Law Minister Durai Murugan a few
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi