TN Minister to coordinate with states, Centre on river disputes
Chennai: With Tamil Nadu locked in
inter-state water disputes with Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and
Karnataka, the government has entrusted Higher Education
Minister K Ponmudi to coordinate with the states and advocate
on the ongoing Mullaperiyar case in the Supreme Court.
Minister Ponmudi will coordinate with the states and the
Centre over river-water disputes besides coordinating with
senior advocates in the Mullaperiyar case, a release from the
Chief Secretary here said.
Ponmudi, who was given the responsibility on "directions
of Chief Minister M Karunanidhi," will visit places as and
when required and take continued action and contact the states
and Centre, the release said.
Tamil Nadu is locked in river-water sharing disputes with
Kerala (Mullaperiyar), Karnataka (Cauvery) and Andhra Pradesh
Karunanidhi holds the Public Works Department portfolio
after it was divested from Law Minister Durai Murugan a few
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown