TN Minister to coordinate with states, Centre on river disputes
Chennai: With Tamil Nadu locked in
inter-state water disputes with Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and
Karnataka, the government has entrusted Higher Education
Minister K Ponmudi to coordinate with the states and advocate
on the ongoing Mullaperiyar case in the Supreme Court.
Minister Ponmudi will coordinate with the states and the
Centre over river-water disputes besides coordinating with
senior advocates in the Mullaperiyar case, a release from the
Chief Secretary here said.
Ponmudi, who was given the responsibility on "directions
of Chief Minister M Karunanidhi," will visit places as and
when required and take continued action and contact the states
and Centre, the release said.
Tamil Nadu is locked in river-water sharing disputes with
Kerala (Mullaperiyar), Karnataka (Cauvery) and Andhra Pradesh
Karunanidhi holds the Public Works Department portfolio
after it was divested from Law Minister Durai Murugan a few
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption