TN minister wants farmers to follow drip irrigation system
Erode: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu NT Venkatachalam has appealed to farmers to follow the drip irrigation system, so that they may conserve water and also get more yield from their land.
The Government is also granting huge subsidies for the drip irrigation system, he said inaugurating the Uzhavar Peruvizha (Farmer’s Festival) at Kanjikoil village yesterday.
He said the festival would be conducted for one year in all the 385 villages in the district and wanted the farmers to avail the facilities given by the Government for them.
The minister said for the current financial year Rs 4500 crore would be given as crop loan to farmers, which is Rs 500 crore more than the last fiscal.
Collector VK Shanmugam presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt