TN minister wants farmers to follow drip irrigation system
Erode: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu NT Venkatachalam has appealed to farmers to follow the drip irrigation system, so that they may conserve water and also get more yield from their land.
The Government is also granting huge subsidies for the drip irrigation system, he said inaugurating the Uzhavar Peruvizha (Farmer’s Festival) at Kanjikoil village yesterday.
He said the festival would be conducted for one year in all the 385 villages in the district and wanted the farmers to avail the facilities given by the Government for them.
The minister said for the current financial year Rs 4500 crore would be given as crop loan to farmers, which is Rs 500 crore more than the last fiscal.
Collector VK Shanmugam presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?