TN minister wants farmers to follow drip irrigation system
Erode: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu NT Venkatachalam has appealed to farmers to follow the drip irrigation system, so that they may conserve water and also get more yield from their land.
The Government is also granting huge subsidies for the drip irrigation system, he said inaugurating the Uzhavar Peruvizha (Farmer’s Festival) at Kanjikoil village yesterday.
He said the festival would be conducted for one year in all the 385 villages in the district and wanted the farmers to avail the facilities given by the Government for them.
The minister said for the current financial year Rs 4500 crore would be given as crop loan to farmers, which is Rs 500 crore more than the last fiscal.
Collector VK Shanmugam presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?