TN minister wants farmers to follow drip irrigation system
Erode: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu NT Venkatachalam has appealed to farmers to follow the drip irrigation system, so that they may conserve water and also get more yield from their land.
The Government is also granting huge subsidies for the drip irrigation system, he said inaugurating the Uzhavar Peruvizha (Farmer’s Festival) at Kanjikoil village yesterday.
He said the festival would be conducted for one year in all the 385 villages in the district and wanted the farmers to avail the facilities given by the Government for them.
The minister said for the current financial year Rs 4500 crore would be given as crop loan to farmers, which is Rs 500 crore more than the last fiscal.
Collector VK Shanmugam presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details