TN ministers sustain injuries in road mishap
Tiruchirappalli: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu R Venkatachalam and Agriculture Minister S Damodaran and two officials were injured in a road accident here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when the driver of the car applied sudden brake to negotiate a speed braker after crossing the Kulithalai-Musiri bridge following which the convoy of vehicles hit the car.
Venkatachalam suffered injury on his back and had been admitted to a hospital, while others sustained minor injuries, police said.
They were on their way to Perambalur to assess the drought condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`