TN ministers sustain injuries in road mishap
Tiruchirappalli: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu R Venkatachalam and Agriculture Minister S Damodaran and two officials were injured in a road accident here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when the driver of the car applied sudden brake to negotiate a speed braker after crossing the Kulithalai-Musiri bridge following which the convoy of vehicles hit the car.
Venkatachalam suffered injury on his back and had been admitted to a hospital, while others sustained minor injuries, police said.
They were on their way to Perambalur to assess the drought condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city