TN ministers sustain injuries in road mishap
Tiruchirappalli: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu R Venkatachalam and Agriculture Minister S Damodaran and two officials were injured in a road accident here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when the driver of the car applied sudden brake to negotiate a speed braker after crossing the Kulithalai-Musiri bridge following which the convoy of vehicles hit the car.
Venkatachalam suffered injury on his back and had been admitted to a hospital, while others sustained minor injuries, police said.
They were on their way to Perambalur to assess the drought condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok