TN ministers sustain injuries in road mishap
Tiruchirappalli: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu R Venkatachalam and Agriculture Minister S Damodaran and two officials were injured in a road accident here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when the driver of the car applied sudden brake to negotiate a speed braker after crossing the Kulithalai-Musiri bridge following which the convoy of vehicles hit the car.
Venkatachalam suffered injury on his back and had been admitted to a hospital, while others sustained minor injuries, police said.
They were on their way to Perambalur to assess the drought condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves