TN ministers sustain injuries in road mishap
Tiruchirappalli: Tamil Nadu Revenue Minister Thoppu R Venkatachalam and Agriculture Minister S Damodaran and two officials were injured in a road accident here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when the driver of the car applied sudden brake to negotiate a speed braker after crossing the Kulithalai-Musiri bridge following which the convoy of vehicles hit the car.
Venkatachalam suffered injury on his back and had been admitted to a hospital, while others sustained minor injuries, police said.
They were on their way to Perambalur to assess the drought condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!