TN: Mystery shrouds death of police inspector
Madurai: Mystery shrouds the death of a police
inspector, whose body was found on Tuesday along a railway track
near Vadipatti in the district.
The body of Gopalakrishnan, 48, attached to the Sellur
police station, was found in pieces today near the Sellur
railway station, police said.
Gopalakrishnan, who was working with the Special
Investigation Team of the landgrabbing wing, had been missing
since last night and his death is suspected to be a suicide,
Gopalakrishnan had been working under "extreme pressure"
and could have committed suicide because of it, they said.
However, the family and friends of the deceased said
Gopalakrishnan could have been murdered.
Police said the inspector had asked his Jeep driver
yesterday to take him near the railway station before getting
off the vehicle and had not been seen since.
Adding that his colleagues had launched a search when he
did not return, they said his body was found near the railway
track early today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?