TN: Mystery shrouds death of police inspector
Madurai: Mystery shrouds the death of a police
inspector, whose body was found on Tuesday along a railway track
near Vadipatti in the district.
The body of Gopalakrishnan, 48, attached to the Sellur
police station, was found in pieces today near the Sellur
railway station, police said.
Gopalakrishnan, who was working with the Special
Investigation Team of the landgrabbing wing, had been missing
since last night and his death is suspected to be a suicide,
Gopalakrishnan had been working under "extreme pressure"
and could have committed suicide because of it, they said.
However, the family and friends of the deceased said
Gopalakrishnan could have been murdered.
Police said the inspector had asked his Jeep driver
yesterday to take him near the railway station before getting
off the vehicle and had not been seen since.
Adding that his colleagues had launched a search when he
did not return, they said his body was found near the railway
track early today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue with North Korea
- Joe Biden urges Cyprus leaders to resume talks
- Gujarat Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour