TN: Nine killed, 59 injured as buses collide
Salem: Nine persons, including a woman,
were killed and 59 others injured when a Kerala-bound omini
bus and a private bus collided near here, a senior police
official said on Sunday.
The air-conditioned omini bus was on its way to
Kottayam from Bangalore while the other was proceeding to
Dharmapuri from here when the mishap occurred at Sandhai
Thadam village on the National Highway- 7 past midnight
yesterday, Salem DIG Venkatraman said.
The head-on collision occurred when the driver of the
Salem-Dharmapuri bus suddenly swerved to the right while
overtaking a two-wheeler, he said.
Drivers of both the buses were among those deceased,
they said, adding that the injured had been admitted to
government hospitals in Omalur and Salem.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- `We are better than this,` Hillary Clinton tweets at Donald Trump
- Indian-American to raise $10 million for Donald Trump, hold mega rally
- No pressure despite Lewis Hamilton's surge, says Nico Rosberg
- Bahrain busts weapons depot, five men arrested for planning bombings
- Olympics 2016: Ban Russians from all Rio sports - US anti-doping boss