TN: Nine killed, 59 injured as buses collide
Salem: Nine persons, including a woman,
were killed and 59 others injured when a Kerala-bound omini
bus and a private bus collided near here, a senior police
official said on Sunday.
The air-conditioned omini bus was on its way to
Kottayam from Bangalore while the other was proceeding to
Dharmapuri from here when the mishap occurred at Sandhai
Thadam village on the National Highway- 7 past midnight
yesterday, Salem DIG Venkatraman said.
The head-on collision occurred when the driver of the
Salem-Dharmapuri bus suddenly swerved to the right while
overtaking a two-wheeler, he said.
Drivers of both the buses were among those deceased,
they said, adding that the injured had been admitted to
government hospitals in Omalur and Salem.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test