TN: Nine killed, 59 injured as buses collide
Salem: Nine persons, including a woman,
were killed and 59 others injured when a Kerala-bound omini
bus and a private bus collided near here, a senior police
official said on Sunday.
The air-conditioned omini bus was on its way to
Kottayam from Bangalore while the other was proceeding to
Dharmapuri from here when the mishap occurred at Sandhai
Thadam village on the National Highway- 7 past midnight
yesterday, Salem DIG Venkatraman said.
The head-on collision occurred when the driver of the
Salem-Dharmapuri bus suddenly swerved to the right while
overtaking a two-wheeler, he said.
Drivers of both the buses were among those deceased,
they said, adding that the injured had been admitted to
government hospitals in Omalur and Salem.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees