TN: Nine killed, 59 injured as buses collide
Salem: Nine persons, including a woman,
were killed and 59 others injured when a Kerala-bound omini
bus and a private bus collided near here, a senior police
official said on Sunday.
The air-conditioned omini bus was on its way to
Kottayam from Bangalore while the other was proceeding to
Dharmapuri from here when the mishap occurred at Sandhai
Thadam village on the National Highway- 7 past midnight
yesterday, Salem DIG Venkatraman said.
The head-on collision occurred when the driver of the
Salem-Dharmapuri bus suddenly swerved to the right while
overtaking a two-wheeler, he said.
Drivers of both the buses were among those deceased,
they said, adding that the injured had been admitted to
government hospitals in Omalur and Salem.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling