TN: One held on murder charges
Ramanathapuram: One person was arrested Sunday for allegedly murdering two persons by giving them brandy laced with poison, police said.
Police said the man had borrowed Rs 40000 from one of the deceased and was finding it difficult to repay the loan, and decided to do away with him.
He mixed the brandy with poison and gave it to the lender who had also invited his friend for their meeting on October five night.
The man has been remanded to 15 days judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet