TN opposition leader files anticipatory bail
Chennai: DMDK founder and opposition leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly Vijaykant on Tuesday filed an anticipatory bail plea in the Madras High Court in connection with the October 27 incident in the airport here, where a journalist was allegedly pushed down and abused by him.
The application is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
Vijayakant and some of his party supporters were involved in an altercation with journalists and a reporter was pushed down allegedly by one of his party MLAs when he persisted for a reaction on DMDK MLAs meeting Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
Various journalists’ organisations, including the Madras Reporters` Guild and Chennai Press Club had condemned the incident.
The guild demanded an apology from Vijaykant, saying such "irresponsible behaviour" by the leader of the Opposition and his party MLAs was a challenge to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past