TN: Over 1 lakh participate in Chariot procession
Tirupati: Over one lakh devotees from all over
the country took part in the chariot procession of Lord
Venkateswara on the penultimate day of the nine-day annual
Brahmotsavam festival at nearby Tirumala Thursday.
Idols of Lord Venkateswara and his divine consorts Lakshmi and Padmavathi adorned with special gem set golden ornaments were ceremoniously mounted on the traditionally decorated wooden chariot by the high priests amid chanting of hymns, temple officials said.
Thousands of devotees dragged the huge chariot with the help of huge ropes tied to it, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog