TN: Over 1 lakh participate in Chariot procession
Tirupati: Over one lakh devotees from all over
the country took part in the chariot procession of Lord
Venkateswara on the penultimate day of the nine-day annual
Brahmotsavam festival at nearby Tirumala Thursday.
Idols of Lord Venkateswara and his divine consorts Lakshmi and Padmavathi adorned with special gem set golden ornaments were ceremoniously mounted on the traditionally decorated wooden chariot by the high priests amid chanting of hymns, temple officials said.
Thousands of devotees dragged the huge chariot with the help of huge ropes tied to it, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Two UAE women reunite with Indian mother after 28 years
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana