TN: Over 1 lakh participate in Chariot procession
Tirupati: Over one lakh devotees from all over
the country took part in the chariot procession of Lord
Venkateswara on the penultimate day of the nine-day annual
Brahmotsavam festival at nearby Tirumala Thursday.
Idols of Lord Venkateswara and his divine consorts Lakshmi and Padmavathi adorned with special gem set golden ornaments were ceremoniously mounted on the traditionally decorated wooden chariot by the high priests amid chanting of hymns, temple officials said.
Thousands of devotees dragged the huge chariot with the help of huge ropes tied to it, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'