TN: Over 1 lakh participate in Chariot procession
Tirupati: Over one lakh devotees from all over
the country took part in the chariot procession of Lord
Venkateswara on the penultimate day of the nine-day annual
Brahmotsavam festival at nearby Tirumala Thursday.
Idols of Lord Venkateswara and his divine consorts Lakshmi and Padmavathi adorned with special gem set golden ornaments were ceremoniously mounted on the traditionally decorated wooden chariot by the high priests amid chanting of hymns, temple officials said.
Thousands of devotees dragged the huge chariot with the help of huge ropes tied to it, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS