TN: Over 1 lakh participate in Chariot procession
Tirupati: Over one lakh devotees from all over
the country took part in the chariot procession of Lord
Venkateswara on the penultimate day of the nine-day annual
Brahmotsavam festival at nearby Tirumala Thursday.
Idols of Lord Venkateswara and his divine consorts Lakshmi and Padmavathi adorned with special gem set golden ornaments were ceremoniously mounted on the traditionally decorated wooden chariot by the high priests amid chanting of hymns, temple officials said.
Thousands of devotees dragged the huge chariot with the help of huge ropes tied to it, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees