TN: Over Rs 26 cr incentive given to milk coops
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday presented an incentive of over Rs 26 crore to milk cooperatives which had earned additional revenue.
Of 17 milk cooperatives in the state, those in Salem, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappally and Madurai had earned additional revenue totalling nearly Rs 50 crore, a state government press release said.
To share the profits with the milk producers, Jayalalithaa gave away Rs 26.74 crore benefiting a little over 2.02 lakh milk producers belonging to these cooperatives, it said.
In a seperate event,she launched the website and SMS based services for the Chief Minister`s cell to electronically handle nearly 3000-5000 petitions received each day.
The move will help in quick reference of complaints to the relevant department though internet while the petitioner will also be kept informed through e-mail and SMS, a release said.
Further, she directed releasing water from Kelavarapalli reservoir in Krishnagiri for irrigation of over 8000 acres of crops in the district.
She said she had directed release of water for 150 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3