TN: Over Rs 26 cr incentive given to milk coops
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday presented an incentive of over Rs 26 crore to milk cooperatives which had earned additional revenue.
Of 17 milk cooperatives in the state, those in Salem, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappally and Madurai had earned additional revenue totalling nearly Rs 50 crore, a state government press release said.
To share the profits with the milk producers, Jayalalithaa gave away Rs 26.74 crore benefiting a little over 2.02 lakh milk producers belonging to these cooperatives, it said.
In a seperate event,she launched the website and SMS based services for the Chief Minister`s cell to electronically handle nearly 3000-5000 petitions received each day.
The move will help in quick reference of complaints to the relevant department though internet while the petitioner will also be kept informed through e-mail and SMS, a release said.
Further, she directed releasing water from Kelavarapalli reservoir in Krishnagiri for irrigation of over 8000 acres of crops in the district.
She said she had directed release of water for 150 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC