TN: Over Rs 26 cr incentive given to milk coops
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday presented an incentive of over Rs 26 crore to milk cooperatives which had earned additional revenue.
Of 17 milk cooperatives in the state, those in Salem, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappally and Madurai had earned additional revenue totalling nearly Rs 50 crore, a state government press release said.
To share the profits with the milk producers, Jayalalithaa gave away Rs 26.74 crore benefiting a little over 2.02 lakh milk producers belonging to these cooperatives, it said.
In a seperate event,she launched the website and SMS based services for the Chief Minister`s cell to electronically handle nearly 3000-5000 petitions received each day.
The move will help in quick reference of complaints to the relevant department though internet while the petitioner will also be kept informed through e-mail and SMS, a release said.
Further, she directed releasing water from Kelavarapalli reservoir in Krishnagiri for irrigation of over 8000 acres of crops in the district.
She said she had directed release of water for 150 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...