TN plans Rs 1.85 lakh cr outlay for 12th plan
Chennai: Notwithstanding the `negativities`
of the global economic slowdown and its impact on the state, Tamil Nadu government Monday said it planned for an "ambitious" outlay of Rs 1.85 lakh crore for the ensuing 12th Plan, almost
doubling the size compared to the 11th Plan.
"For the ensuing 12th Plan, the state Government plans an
ambitious outlay of Rs 1.85 lakh crore for plan schemes, more
than double the size of the Eleventh Plan outlay of Rs 85,000
crore," Governor K Rosaiah said in his customary address to
the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
This would put the state back on track, even as investments
were slowing down in the wake of the economic slowdown and
growth projections for 2011-12 had considerably scaled down at
national level and the negative impact on Tamil Nadu would be
"inescapable," he said.
"Notwithstanding these negativities, this Government is
determined to ensure that spending by Government towards
infrastructure and social security is not compromised in any
manner," he said.
Further the state government`s Vision 2025 document will be
released shortly by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, he said,
adding, a Bill will be introduced during the coming Budget
session for the formation of the Tamil Nadu Infrastructure
The Board would serve as an institutional framework for
conceptualisation, prioritisation and speedy implementation of
critical infrastructure projects, he said.
A separate Infrastructure Development Fund would be
constituted to give a fillip to implementation of critical
projects. "In this direction, this Government will also come
out with a new Public Private Partnership Policy to synergise
the resources of the Government and Private Sector in project
implementation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?