TN plans Rs 1.85 lakh cr outlay for 12th plan
Chennai: Notwithstanding the `negativities`
of the global economic slowdown and its impact on the state, Tamil Nadu government Monday said it planned for an "ambitious" outlay of Rs 1.85 lakh crore for the ensuing 12th Plan, almost
doubling the size compared to the 11th Plan.
"For the ensuing 12th Plan, the state Government plans an
ambitious outlay of Rs 1.85 lakh crore for plan schemes, more
than double the size of the Eleventh Plan outlay of Rs 85,000
crore," Governor K Rosaiah said in his customary address to
the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
This would put the state back on track, even as investments
were slowing down in the wake of the economic slowdown and
growth projections for 2011-12 had considerably scaled down at
national level and the negative impact on Tamil Nadu would be
"inescapable," he said.
"Notwithstanding these negativities, this Government is
determined to ensure that spending by Government towards
infrastructure and social security is not compromised in any
manner," he said.
Further the state government`s Vision 2025 document will be
released shortly by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, he said,
adding, a Bill will be introduced during the coming Budget
session for the formation of the Tamil Nadu Infrastructure
The Board would serve as an institutional framework for
conceptualisation, prioritisation and speedy implementation of
critical infrastructure projects, he said.
A separate Infrastructure Development Fund would be
constituted to give a fillip to implementation of critical
projects. "In this direction, this Government will also come
out with a new Public Private Partnership Policy to synergise
the resources of the Government and Private Sector in project
implementation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145