TN: Polio drops to be administered on Jan 8
Chennai: Over 32,000 migrant children from other
states will be administered polio drops on January 8 in Tamil Nadu as part of the second phase of the programme.
The health officials in all districts will administer the
second dose of the OPV to all migrant children on Sunday since
they have already updated the list of migrant families, a
release from the Director of Public Health and Preventive
"The transmission of polio virus through migrant children
poses great risk to the state as they are more susceptible to
have polio infection because of their constant movement from
one place to another, without proper immunization coverage,"
The first round of special polio camp was conducted on
December 11 last year, which benefited 31,000 children.
The state goverment along with other private organisations
in the state will be organising special polio camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players