`TN road projects delayed due to absence of support agreement`
Coimbatore: Various road projects in Tamil Nadu are getting delayed in the absence of support agreement from the state, Union minister of State for Road Transport and Highways Sarvey Sathyanarayana said on Tuesday.
He also said that lack of support for availability of aggregates and soil are a major stumbling block in speedy completion of projects.
There are abnormal delays in obtaining required permission from district administrations for quarry materials. Due to non signing of the agreement, concessionaires are not getting funds from lenders and also resulting in delay in obtaining approvals and clearances from various departments, he said.
Due to this NHAI and the concessionaire were facing problem in implementing the projects, he said and requested the state government to provide active support in expediting the completion of projects.
Sathyanarayana was speaking after inaugurating the 73rd annual session of Indian Roads Congress (IRC) here tonight.
Highlighting his ministry`s achievements, he said NHAI has finalised the alignment of Chennai-Bangalore Expressway of 258 KM length in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The final Detailed Project Report was in progress under NHDP-IV (National Highways Development Project), he said.
Similarly, NHAI has also taken up projects under NHDP IV for four and two laning with Paved shoulders for 980 KM and the projects were at different stages of DPR finalisation and bidding stage. These were Villupuram-Puducherry-Nagapattinam, VIkravandi-Thanjavur,Thanjavur-Manamadurai,Trichy-Chidambaram, DIndigul-Tamil Nadu/Karnataka border of NH 209 in Tamil Nadu, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!