`TN road projects delayed due to absence of support agreement`
Coimbatore: Various road projects in Tamil Nadu are getting delayed in the absence of support agreement from the state, Union minister of State for Road Transport and Highways Sarvey Sathyanarayana said on Tuesday.
He also said that lack of support for availability of aggregates and soil are a major stumbling block in speedy completion of projects.
There are abnormal delays in obtaining required permission from district administrations for quarry materials. Due to non signing of the agreement, concessionaires are not getting funds from lenders and also resulting in delay in obtaining approvals and clearances from various departments, he said.
Due to this NHAI and the concessionaire were facing problem in implementing the projects, he said and requested the state government to provide active support in expediting the completion of projects.
Sathyanarayana was speaking after inaugurating the 73rd annual session of Indian Roads Congress (IRC) here tonight.
Highlighting his ministry`s achievements, he said NHAI has finalised the alignment of Chennai-Bangalore Expressway of 258 KM length in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The final Detailed Project Report was in progress under NHDP-IV (National Highways Development Project), he said.
Similarly, NHAI has also taken up projects under NHDP IV for four and two laning with Paved shoulders for 980 KM and the projects were at different stages of DPR finalisation and bidding stage. These were Villupuram-Puducherry-Nagapattinam, VIkravandi-Thanjavur,Thanjavur-Manamadurai,Trichy-Chidambaram, DIndigul-Tamil Nadu/Karnataka border of NH 209 in Tamil Nadu, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees