TN: Scheme to provide entrepreneurial skills to unemployed youth
Chennai: In a move aimed at providing entrepreneurial skills to unemployed youth, Tamil Nadu government has formulated the "New Entrepreneur-cum-Enterprise Development Scheme (NEEDS)" with an allocation of Rs 100 crore, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said on Monday.
The scheme would give preference to youth belonging to SC/ST communities and the differently abled to become first generation entrepreneurs, she said at the Conference of Collectors and Police Officers here.
Noting that the scheme would assist the youth in taking up entrepreneurship training, preparing business plans and helping them tie-up with financial institutions to set up new business entities, she said, "Rs 100 crore has been provided in the budget estimate for this scheme, out of which Rs 51.80 crore has already been released as first instalment".
While 50 per cent of the allocation has been earmarked for women candidates, she said selection of the beneficiaries would be taken up at the District Level by a Task Force Committee headed by a Collector.
Requesting the Collectors to provide wide publicity for the scheme, encouraging people to become successful entrepreneurs, Jayalalithaa asked them to ensure successful implementation of the scheme through "periodical reviews" and by "effective monitoring."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok