TN: Scheme to provide entrepreneurial skills to unemployed youth
Chennai: In a move aimed at providing entrepreneurial skills to unemployed youth, Tamil Nadu government has formulated the "New Entrepreneur-cum-Enterprise Development Scheme (NEEDS)" with an allocation of Rs 100 crore, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said on Monday.
The scheme would give preference to youth belonging to SC/ST communities and the differently abled to become first generation entrepreneurs, she said at the Conference of Collectors and Police Officers here.
Noting that the scheme would assist the youth in taking up entrepreneurship training, preparing business plans and helping them tie-up with financial institutions to set up new business entities, she said, "Rs 100 crore has been provided in the budget estimate for this scheme, out of which Rs 51.80 crore has already been released as first instalment".
While 50 per cent of the allocation has been earmarked for women candidates, she said selection of the beneficiaries would be taken up at the District Level by a Task Force Committee headed by a Collector.
Requesting the Collectors to provide wide publicity for the scheme, encouraging people to become successful entrepreneurs, Jayalalithaa asked them to ensure successful implementation of the scheme through "periodical reviews" and by "effective monitoring."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution
- Massive reef ecosystem found hiding behind Great Barrier Reef