TN: Scheme to provide entrepreneurial skills to unemployed youth
Chennai: In a move aimed at providing entrepreneurial skills to unemployed youth, Tamil Nadu government has formulated the "New Entrepreneur-cum-Enterprise Development Scheme (NEEDS)" with an allocation of Rs 100 crore, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said on Monday.
The scheme would give preference to youth belonging to SC/ST communities and the differently abled to become first generation entrepreneurs, she said at the Conference of Collectors and Police Officers here.
Noting that the scheme would assist the youth in taking up entrepreneurship training, preparing business plans and helping them tie-up with financial institutions to set up new business entities, she said, "Rs 100 crore has been provided in the budget estimate for this scheme, out of which Rs 51.80 crore has already been released as first instalment".
While 50 per cent of the allocation has been earmarked for women candidates, she said selection of the beneficiaries would be taken up at the District Level by a Task Force Committee headed by a Collector.
Requesting the Collectors to provide wide publicity for the scheme, encouraging people to become successful entrepreneurs, Jayalalithaa asked them to ensure successful implementation of the scheme through "periodical reviews" and by "effective monitoring."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped