TN school principal held in molestation case
Chennai: The principal of Kodaikanal Public School has been arrested for being an accomplice to school correspondent ML Bright who is absconding after a sexual harassment complaint filed by a Class Nine girl student, police said Friday.
"Sheeba Paul, 36, was arrested Thursday afternoon at Kodaikanal (520 km from here) and was remanded to custody. She has been lodged in Nilakottai sub-jail," a police official said.
Bright, 73, has been on the run ever since the guardian of the student lodged a complaint of sexual harassment against him last month.
Three police teams have been formed to nab him.
According to Kodaikanal police, one team has gone to Kerala, another to Madurai while the third is investigating in Kodaikanal itself.
Seventeen girl students were staying at the hostel where Bright also stayed, police said. Bright`s passport has been impounded.
The school authorities, including Paul, has been maintaining that the complaint was false and the girl was instigated by her guardian to make it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth