TN school principal held in molestation case
Chennai: The principal of Kodaikanal Public School has been arrested for being an accomplice to school correspondent ML Bright who is absconding after a sexual harassment complaint filed by a Class Nine girl student, police said Friday.
"Sheeba Paul, 36, was arrested Thursday afternoon at Kodaikanal (520 km from here) and was remanded to custody. She has been lodged in Nilakottai sub-jail," a police official said.
Bright, 73, has been on the run ever since the guardian of the student lodged a complaint of sexual harassment against him last month.
Three police teams have been formed to nab him.
According to Kodaikanal police, one team has gone to Kerala, another to Madurai while the third is investigating in Kodaikanal itself.
Seventeen girl students were staying at the hostel where Bright also stayed, police said. Bright`s passport has been impounded.
The school authorities, including Paul, has been maintaining that the complaint was false and the girl was instigated by her guardian to make it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok