TN second in India to have Passport Seva Kendra
Chennai: Tamil Nadu on Friday became the second state in the country to be covered by the Passport Seva Kendra project.
"Tamil Nadu has become the second state in the country to be covered by Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Now, the state has four Pass Port offices and eight Passport Seva Kendras," Muktesh K Pardeshi, Joint Secretary and Chief Passport
Officer, Ministry of External Affairs, told reporters here.
Passport Seva Kendra was conceptualised in May 2010 and Karnataka became the first state to be covered under the pilot project, he said.
As planned, a total of 77 Passport Seva Kendras will come up across the country "by early 2012", with 18 of them having already become operational, Pardeshi said.
"Once we are through with the project of 77 PSKs, we are planning small PSKs in places like Puducherry," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video