TN should stop interfering in India`s policy on Lanka: Swamy
Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy Thursday demanded that the Centre issue a direction to Tamil Nadu Government to "stop interfering" in the country`s policy on Sri Lanka and also ensure the safety of Sinhalas in the state.
In a statement here, he said President`s rule should be imposed in the state if the Tamil Nadu Government fails to follow the directions.
"I demand that the Union Government send Tamil Nadu Government a direction under Article 256 of the Constitution to stop interfering in India`s foreign policy on Sri Lanka and also ensure safety of Sinhalas in the state," he said.
"If the Chief Minister fails to follow the direction then President`s rule should be imposed in the state," Swamy said.
The Janata Party president also demanded that the Madhya Pradesh Government arrest MDMK chief Vaiko if he protests against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa`s visit to the state later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know