TN slams Centre for `one-size fits all approach’
Chennai: Slamming the UPA government at the
Centre for adopting "one-size-fits-all approach" in designing
schemes, the Jayalalithaa government on Monday asked it to adopt a
flexible approach in formulating and implementing national
"The continued attempts by Union government to push
through legislations encroaching upon state powers and the
adoption of one-size-fits-all approach in designing schemes do
not augur well for a healthy Centre-state relationship,"
Governor K Rosaiah said in his customary address to Tamil Nadu
He said the Centre should adopt a flexible approach in
formulating and implementing national schemes by fixing only
broad objectives and framework, and give freedom to the state
governments to work according to state-specific need.
It should allow the state governments to have the freedom
of designing schemes to meet their specific needs by
dovetailing Central funds with the state`s resources providing
better synergy and focusing on achieving intended goals, he
said, citing the proposed Goods and Services Tax.
Taking a swipe at the Centre`s proposed Food Security
Bill, on which Tamil Nadu has already expressed strong
reservation, he said it "compromises universal access and
deprives the state government of the present allotment of
foodgrains from the Central pool."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'