TN: Stalin files jailed ex-minister`s nomination
Tiruchirappalli: DMK Treasurer M K
Stalin Friday filed the nomination papers on behalf of jailed party colleague and former minister K N Nehru for the October
13 by-election to Tiruchi West Assembly Constituency.
Nehru, arrested recently on land grabbing charges, has been
nominated by the DMK for the bypoll caused by the death of
Minister Mariyam Pitchai.
The ruling AIADMK nominee M Paranjothi has already filed his nomination for the bypoll.
Speaking to reporter after filing the papers, Stalin said
Nehru`s imprisonment would not affect his prospects of
Nehru had lost to Pitchai in the April 13 Assembly polls
which saw the AIADMK storming back to power with a landslide.
Stalin said DMK`s campaign, in which his father and party
President M Karunanidhi would also participate, would focus on
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s `autocratic` rule, `murder of
democracy` and the spate of `false` cases being filed against
the DMK members.
Nehru in his mandatory declaration filed along with the
nomination said he owned Rs 17.77 crore worth of assets and
Rs 10.9 crore debt. He has movable assets worth Rs 2.73 crore
and immovable assets Rs.15.04 crore.
Stalin alleged that officials in the Central prison here
were `over strict and imposed too many restrictions` on DMK
men lodged in connection with land grabbing and other cases.
He said the DMK would face the "false cases filed against
former ministers and others legally."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!