TN: Teacher sacked for sexually harassing students
Namakkal: A 28-year old English teacher of a panchayat middle school was today dismissed from service after an official inquiry found him guilty of sexual harassment of girl students and women colleagues.
Sathyaprabhu, already under judicial remand for allegedly threatening a nurse, was served the dismissal order in the sub-jail here.
District Primary Education Officer Arul Mozhi Devi said several complaints had been received from the girl students and also women staff of the school in Vadugapatty against the teacher that he was sexually harassing them.
An inquiry was conducted by Deputy Director of Education Latha, which confirmed the charges, following which Devi issued the dismissal order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- BJP names 12 candidates for Rajya Sabha seat; Venkaiah Naidu, Nirmala Sitharaman, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi tops list
- 'Government should make Amitabh face of tobacco control campaign'
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Dempo return to I-League with 3-1 win against Minerva
- At least 700 dead after series of shipwrecks off Libyan coast