TN: Teenaged girl`s organs donated
Coimbatore: The organs of a brain dead teenaged girl were on Sunday harvested which would benefit seven patients across Tamil Nadu.
The 19-year-old girl had met with an accident near Perundurai a couple of days ago and was admitted to the private Kovai Medical Center and Hospital here where she was declared brain dead early today, hospital sources said.
The girl had earlier told her father, Maniyan, that she wanted to donate her organs to the needy and he expressed willingness to donate the organs once she was declared brain dead, sources said.
The girl, who had received many certificates for donating blood, had received a call letter from a major IT firm and she was prepared to join the company at Mysore next week, Maniyan said.
The organs, including eyes, liver and kidney, were harvested, KMCH Dean Kumaran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH