TN: Three absconding accused suspected in BJP leader`s murder
Salem (TN): Police probing the murder of BJP Tamil Nadu unit General Secretary V Ramesh suspect the involvement of three absconding accused in the 1998 Coimbatore serial blasts.
Fakruddin alias `police` Fakruddin, Bilal Malik (both of Madurai) and Panna Ismail of Melapalayam in Tirunelveli district are suspected to be involved in the murder of Ramesh, Salem Superintendent of Police R Shaktivel said.
Anybody knowing their whereabouts can inform police and they would be suitably rewarded, Shaktivel said.
Ramesh (52) was hacked to death while he was returning home after visiting the BJP office on Friday night in Salem that sparked an outrage in the party which gave a call for a state-wide bandh on July 22.
A total of 17 stab injuries were found on the body which was cremated yesterday.
Some three to four persons had murdered him, Shaktivel said.
The BJP has demanded that the Tamil Nadu government order a judicial probe into the murder, which was condemned by the party`s national leaders with Gujarat Chief Minister and party`s election campaign chief Narendra Modi and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj demanding action against the guilty.
The Coimbatore serial blasts before an election meeting to be addressed by senior BJP leader L K Advani had left 58 people dead and over 200 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest