TN to allot over Rs 47 crore for police force
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa
on Friday announced allotting a little over Rs 47 crore towards
modernisation of the police department which includes
purchasing modern communication and forensic equipment.
"The Chief Minister has directed allotting Rs 47.49 crore
towards construction of police stations and quarters, buying
modern communication and forensic gadgets and vehicles," a
state government release here said.
The proposed move will help the police force to
effectively maintain law and order and ensure peace in the
state, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen