TN to allot over Rs 47 crore for police force
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa
on Friday announced allotting a little over Rs 47 crore towards
modernisation of the police department which includes
purchasing modern communication and forensic equipment.
"The Chief Minister has directed allotting Rs 47.49 crore
towards construction of police stations and quarters, buying
modern communication and forensic gadgets and vehicles," a
state government release here said.
The proposed move will help the police force to
effectively maintain law and order and ensure peace in the
state, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'